Our Chilean program offers exclusive opportunities to hunt for enormous Red Stags that roam the Central Valley of Chile. Here, you’ll experience a combination of abundant food, great cover, and more than 80 years of selective herd management that helps produce some of the biggest wild stags in the world, comparable only to certain regions of Eastern Europe. Over the years many of these trophy bulls have made the record books. Stags are completely wild and all hunts are fair chase on an unfenced ranch. No more than six mature stags are harvested annually, so these hunts are in high demand. Each hunter will be accompanied by an individual guide. These experts are all members of the same family and have an intimate knowledge of the area. The terrain includes valley, rolling hills, and wheat fields interspersed with thick stands of dark timber. Open fields and meadows make it easy to move around. And nothing is more exciting than seeing huge bulls bugling at close range through the early morning mist. Your base will be a beautiful family estancia, where the owners look after small groups of guests. The lodge, built from local stone and wood, overlooks the mountains and the main hunting grounds. In the evenings guests enjoy traditional asados (BBQ) and delicious home cooked meals, complimented by fine Chilean wines.
- Hunters depart the lodge before daylight.
- Guiding is 1:1 and all speak good English.
- Travel from the lodge to the hunting areas is done via trucks and/or horseback. These zones are never more than 30 minutes from the lodge.
- The final stalk is done on foot.
- There are some elevated stands for those who prefer to hunt from a still position.
- Hunters return to the lodge for lunch and a siesta.
- Evening hunts last un6l dark.
- All harvested stags are over 9 years old and past peak reproductive age.
- Flat fee.
- Full trophy preparation services available.
- Capacity: 6 people (2 hunters & 4 non–‐hunters) Rooms: 3 double rooms with private bathroom
- Dining room, siing room with fireplace, bar, gun cleaning table, and additional facilities
- Telephone and satellite TV
- Gourmet cuisine with fine Chilean wines, traditional asados (BBQ), and delicious desserts
- House keeping and laundry service
- Gun rentals available
Non hunting activities include:
- Horseback riding
- Sightseeing tours
- Shopping trips
RATES AND SEASONS
Rates – please contact us with inquiries.
Seasons – March 1st through mid April.
- All wines, beer and local spirits
- Professional guide service and field assistants
- Hunting license
- Transfers to and from local airport
- One trophy Red Stag
- Gratuities for guides and house staff
- Gun entry permits
- Gun Rental
- Extra trophies
- Trophy export and sanity certificate
- Trophy shipment
- Phone calls
- Tours, shopping trips, etc.; any items of a strictly personal nature
- Cost of itinerary modifications requested by passenger